Are you finding difficulty in managing day to day tasks due to memory issues?
We can provide a comprehensive assessment of your home to ensure your home has been as fully adapted as possible to suit your individual needs.
Products including falls sensors, pill dispensers, smoke, flood, fire alarms and door sensors.
We will discuss with you adaptations that will help you stay safe both indoors and out.
Products including blue bathroom aids, external rails, night lights and walking aids will all help prevent falls and hospital admission. We will refer your details onto Occupational Therapy/Social Services ensuring that you receive the daily living aids you need to remain safe and independent in your home.
We will advise on larger adaptations/assisted technology for increased independence.
We will discuss with you large adaptations/assisted technology that would aid your independence and should finances be difficult apply for funding on your behalf where possible.
Are you a carer of a family member or friend that is living with memory loss?
This Project is available to anyone with any form of memory loss and prior to diagnosis of dementia.
Caseworkers understand that carers need a personal touch as each case is individual to each persons needs. Knowing what to do and where to go for the correct and ongoing support is a permanent challenge. Our aim is for you never to feel alone and we will work with you to ensure;
- The home of your loved one is fully assessed and then adapted to help with independent and safe living
- You have emergency care plans in place
- You are aware of sitting in services and befriending services
- You have been assessed for formal respite
- That you and the person you care for are in receipt of the correct benefits and Blue Badge
- Give information and advice and refer onto support groups
- Advise on who to contact for Lasting Power Of Attorney
The above list is not exhaustive as each case is assessed individually.
Following our assessment you will receive regular call backs to ensure that you have sufficient support in place and when needed we will discuss further help as required.