Homewise was established in 1987 as a two-year pilot, originally an Industrial and Provident Society, that evolved into Community & Benefit Society and then registered as a CIO Charitable Incorporated Organisation July 2018. Throughout the years we have grown and developed services by listening to clients’ needs and developing partnerships that provide support for the most simple or complex needs.
Everyone to live in a well maintained, adapted, affordably warm, safe and secure home.
To serve the whole community by providing a comprehensive, impartial help and advice service on all aspects of home improvements, adaptations, repairs and maintenance
To encourage, promote and support the concept of independent living, enhancing and promoting confidence, security and safety
To work together with other organisations to enable this mission statement to be realised.
Our Aim is to:
- Provide services that meet clients’ needs
- Continue to build up the expertise of helping clients to improve, repair, adapt and maintain their homes
- Ensure that clients remain in control of all decisions and are kept information and in all cases, the needs of clients remain paramount
- Offer flexible and sensitive options to help clients to live independently and with dignity
- Continue to provide quality services for all clients
- Work in partnership with local agencies, local authorities, contractors and clients to ensure that together we deliver a quality service that ensures value for money
- Continue to seek funding for our services
- Continue to develop and implement new services that meet our clients ongoing needs
Our Commitment: We can’t promise to help everyone, but we do promise to try
Homewise provides Services you can trust – Services that meet your needs, that enables people to remain independent, safe, warm and secure in their own homes.
A Small Charitable Organisation with true, strong values:
- Friendly, supportive, caring staff
- Personal services, regularly going above and beyond
- Pride in organisation – small but efficient
- Rise to challenges, overcome obstacles, think outside the box
- Resolve problems by working as a team with partners