DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Homewise Society Limited
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data as governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Homewise Society Limited (Homewise) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Homewise complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes and only for these purposes:-
- To enable us to provide a service for the benefit of the people.
- To promote the interests of Homewise and our clients.
- To inform you of services and information relating to Homewise.
- To disseminate advice, guidance and information to our clients.
- To fulfil contractual obligations.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about services and information relevant to you.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations under charity, trust and company law.
- Processing is necessary under terms and conditions of service level agreements, contracts and successful funding being agreed.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and we will not share your data with third parties without your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data only as long as you have a relationship with Homewise or for as long as we need to legally keep records in accordance with charity, company law and funder’s terms and conditions. Once this period has passed we will then securely dispose of all data relating to you.
7. Your rights and your personal data.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Homewise holds about you.
- The right to request that Homewise corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Homewise to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on legitimate interests(or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. (NCO)
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent you the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Manager at Homewise email email@example.com or phone 01254 232249.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or at the Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Homewise Society Limited, 2-4 Whalley Road, Accrington BB5 1AA
Tel : 01254 232249 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Fax : 01254 391227